Recent Silverware

Recent Silverware
Carling Cup 2008

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Jol on boos after Subbing Defoe

Courtesy of SkySports-

Martin Jol has brushed off the boos which reverberated around White Hart Lane
during Tottenham's 2-0 Carling Cup win over Middlesbrough.
The decision to
substitute Jermain Defoe on 69 minutes was greeted by jeers by the home fans,
only for his replacement Robbie Keane to set up Gareth Bale for the opening goal
three minutes later.
Tom Huddlestone then added a second and Spurs boss Jol
is confident he was not the target of the boo-boys.
"I don't think it's
about booing me because a minute later they are singing my name," said Jol.
Brave decisions
"I'm not someone to fear things. They say in Holland
'have no fear, Jolly is here'.
"You can leave it and wait or make a
decision. I've had around 150 games, maybe 170, and they normally come off.
Maybe a couple of them didn't.
"I make brave decisions all the time because
I want to win. Everyone will be involved, that's what I tell them."
Jol,
whose position has been under intense scrutiny this season, again stressed his
belief that he merits the opportunity to continue in the role.
The Dutchman
added: "I am in a very good position here and that is what I deserve.
"I
gave them a bit of success over the last couple of years. No-one could have done
better."


Linked here: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_2758473,00.html

No comments: