Recent Silverware

Recent Silverware
Carling Cup 2008

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

To Whom It May Concern (an Open Letter from PageVee)

A friend of mine has established a non-profit at the University of Virginia, Bridging the Gap, that is devoted to mentoring and tutoring refugee children resettled in the Charlottesville-Albemarle, Virginia area. BTG has developed a successful soccer program, Fugee Soccer, that is partnered with the Soccer Organization of Charlottesville-Albermarle (SOCA) and the International Rescue Committee (IRC)'s Family Support division to register and provide transportation for 37 children on soccer teams this fall (2007).

I have a few motivations for this post.

1st: I want to contact THFC and other THFC Supporter groups and get them involved with this program if possible.

2nd: My friend is an Arsenal fan (one of his highschool buddy's is from London and got to him years ago) and has told me he will switch allegiance in order to raise help/support for the kids.

3rd: I want to do what I can to help the kids I have grown to know over the past few years.

My "friend" is my girlfriend's younger brother, Clay. UVA's Chancellor mentioned him during his graduation ceremony last spring because of his work with the foundation of "Bridging the Gap." The Chancellor only mentioned 10 graduates during UVA's main ceremony and Clay was singled out among the thousands of graduates.

I am currently just looking for ideas about how to move this project forward and hope to get THFC involved along the way. Please let me know if anyone has ideas or information that I can pass to Clay about contacting specific individuals at THFC. I have already contacted Customer Service and hope to get some information directly from the club.

Thanks for your time and any help you can offer.

PageVee

Linked Article here: http://www.virginia.edu/uvatoday/finals2007/finals-broga.html

No comments: