Recent Silverware

Recent Silverware
Carling Cup 2008

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Time for a Second Chance

Courtesy of Official Site-

Harry Redknapp feels it's time to give Hossam Ghaly another chance.

The manager gave his thoughts after the midfielder was booed on his reappearance at White Hart Lane when he was named on the substitutes bench for Friday night's FA Cup third round tie against Wigan.

It was the first time Hossam had been in the 18 for a home game since he threw his shirt down on the touchline after being substituted in a league match against Blackburn in May, 2007.

Hossam apologised for his actions immediately after that game.

"I am just so angry with myself," he said at the time. "I have always considered it an honour to wear the Tottenham shirt and I never intended to show any disrespect.

"I know my reaction was totally wrong. I have apologised to the manager and I also want to apologise to the fans. I hope they don't judge me on this incident alone. I have tried hard for the Club this season."

Harry feels now is the time to forgive and forget.

"I really feel for the lad," said Harry.

"We all make mistakes in life. Show me someone who doesn't make mistakes and I'll show you a liar. He's made a mistake and he deserves another chance. Everyone deserves another chance."

Harry underlined the need to use the full squad with such a busy schedule and injuries hitting the midfield department - Jermaine Jenas and Tom Huddlestone were both ruled out against Wigan.

"Hossam has always shown a positive attitude since I have been here," added Harry. "We need the supporters to get behind everyone in a Spurs shirt.

"He is a member of our squad and we'll need them all to play a part in what will be a very important second half of the season."


Linked here.


Absolutely agree with Redknapp. He lost 4 teeth and kept playing against Pompey! That is a good attitude.

No comments: