Recent Silverware

Recent Silverware
Carling Cup 2008

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Robbie returns to the Lane

Courtesy of Official Site-

Robbie happy to be home

Robbie Keane is delighted to be returning to a Club he feels is his home having rejoined from Liverpool on transfer deadline day.

The striker describes the six years he previously spent at The Lane as a ‘wonderful' time of his career, and now he is relishing this latest challenge.

Robbie realises the battle we currently face in the Premier League, but he believes the passion he has for Spurs will drive him on to make sure we soon pull away from trouble.

And although he admits his short-lived spell at Anfield was a disappointment, the 28-year-old refuses to look back and is only looking forward to what he hopes will be exciting times ahead.

"I'm delighted to be back at a Club I have very strong feelings from having previously spent six wonderful years here," said Robbie, who will wear the number 15 shirt.

Robbie Keane

"Coming back to Spurs was an easy decision to make because this is my home. Firstly in respect of the Club - but also my house is in the area and everything is set up for me to walk right back into.

"It's funny how football works sometimes and situations turn around very quickly, but I can assure fans I will be giving my all to make sure this Club stays in the Premier League.

"It would have been difficult for me to have gone anywhere else while a Club I have such strong feelings for has this fight on its hands.

"It was a difficult time for me at Liverpool, but there's no point in dwelling on it.

"Now I have the chance to work with a fantastic manager in Harry Redknapp, who has done a great job since he came in, so I am lucky to be getting this exciting opportunity."

On his fifth and final signing of the January transfer window, Harry himself commented: "I'm delighted to have Robbie back. I couldn't be more pleased.

"I think he's a terrific player, a terrific character and just the type of lad we need here.

"He's a leader, he gives his all every time he plays and has great ability. He will be fantastic for us and his enthusiasm will rub off on other players around him.

"The Chairman has been tremendous in backing me and bringing these players back. I know Daniel worked very hard to try and keep Robbie here in the first place and just as hard to get him back.

"Robbie knows what he's doing, you can rely on him, he's a clever player and plays with that enthusiasm."

Robbie Keane in training


Although a number of new faces have arrived in N17 since Robbie's departure last July, the Irishman feels he knows the current squad well enough to suggest we can make strides during the final months of the campaign.

"It's been an up and down season for the Club and there's been a lot of change, including a change of manager, but now it's up to us as players to start getting the team up the table," he added.

"It's all very close down there at the minute, and I will be doing everything in my powers to help us pull away from it.

"I'm coming back to a fantastic club with fantastic players. I am well aware of the strength of the squad having worked with near enough all of them!

"I am extremely excited about this new chapter in my career, even though it doesn't feel as if the previous chapter really ended."

And now Robbie must prepare for what could be the debut of all debuts - a North London derby against Arsenal at The Lane on Sunday.

"What a game to come back into! I've played in so many derbies against Arsenal over the years and I'm so excited at the prospect of another one at White Hart Lane possibly being my first game back."


Linked here.

No comments: