Recent Silverware

Recent Silverware
Carling Cup 2008

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Ledley King on his return (Reserve action)

Courtesy of Official Site-

Ledley King admits he did not anticipate beginning his season on a cold December
night by the River Thames.
That's how it turned out though with his first
window of opportunity for some match minutes coming in a reserve team contest
against Fulham at Craven Cottage on Tuesday. Ledley was pencilled in for a 45
minute work-out after recovering from knee surgery carried out in May and the
Club skipper eased through the examination with his usual cool before
contemplating the next step on his comeback trail. "I suppose not, but it was in
June when I had the operation and I knew there was a lot of work to do to get
back," said Ledley when the setting of his seasonal opener was mentioned. "I am
now just thinking about trying to get as many minutes under my belt as I can
before trying to get back into the First Team squad. "It was nice just to come
through 45, my first in six months or so, and it feels good," added Ledley, who
pointed out that nerves still play a part for him no matter what the game.
"Every time I go on the pitch they are there, it is the pressure I put on myself
to perform. Even at school, where I was the best player, I felt them and that is
the way it should be when you go on the pitch." Even though he suffered a few
match night nerves, what Ledley did have was confidence in his knee standing up
to the test. "That is the main thing. The medical staff have been brilliant and
have helped me to get to where I am now. I had confidence in the knee going out
there and that is a good feeling. "I feel fine, it was good to come through it.
As long as the knee is fine I am happy. "I've had my fair share of injuries, but
this has been the longest one. They are all as frustrating as each other, but
this has been the one I've had to be most careful with and I had to make sure I
was right before coming back so that I don't have any more problems. I feel I
have done that and hopefully I will get the rewards from it."


Linked here: http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/ledleyonreturn041207.html

No comments: