Recent Silverware

Recent Silverware
Carling Cup 2008

Friday, September 21, 2007

Defoe's Brace

Courtesy of the Official Site-

Jermain Defoe believes our strikers proved they are the best in the business after three of them got on the score-sheet in Thursday’s 6-1 UEFA Cup win over Anorthosis Famagusta.
Jermain helped himself to two goals, while fellow front-men Robbie Keane and Darren Bent also chipped in to get our European campaign off to the perfect start. And ‘JD’ is confident such a convincing victory can send us into Sunday’s Premiership clash at Bolton full of confidence. He said: “We won, scored six goals, everyone’s buzzing, and that’s just what we needed. I’m delighted. “If you look at our forward line, I think it’s the best in the Premiership. Everyone can score goals because we’re all good players. “Robbie scored a great goal tonight and I’m delighted for Benty as well. He said he wasn’t happy with his goal – but they all count! Obviously I scored a couple and we all know what Berba can do, so this is important.” Jermain came off the bench in the second half against the Cypriots to open his account for the season, and he praised our fans for the ovation they gave him on his introduction. He added: “I’ve got to say thanks to the fans. If it wasn’t for them, I don’t think I’d have been able to score those two goals. They lifted me and gave me energy.”

Linked here: http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/bestinthebusiness.html

No comments: