Recent Silverware

Recent Silverware
Carling Cup 2008

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Robert Jordan/James Oliver Rigney Jr. (not THFC related)

My favorite author passed away yesterday afternoon. His "The Wheel of Time" series of books remains incomplete. Apparently he did dictate the plot lines and scripts for the final book/chapter. There are currently 11 books in this series. Jordan has been dictating outlines and plot lines while planning on using an "army of writers" to convert those tapes into written form.

I would like to extend my condolences to the grieving widow and the rest of the Rigney family.

~PageVee

The following is Courtesy of DragonMount.com and Robert Jordan's personal Blog-


Sometimes even
when you’ve fought your best….
Posted by Wilson on September 16th, 2007 in
the Robert
Jordan's Blog
category

It is with great sadness that I tell you that
the Dragon is gone. RJ left us today at 2:45 PM. He fought a valiant fight
against this most horrid disease. In the end, he left peacefully and in no pain.
In the years he had fought this, he taught me much about living and about facing
death. He never waivered in his faith, nor questioned our God’s timing. I could
not possibly be more proud of anyone. I am eternally grateful for the time that
I had with him on this earth and look forward to our reunion, though as I told
him this afternoon, not yet. I love you bubba.
Our beloved Harriet was at
his side through the entire fight and to the end. The last words from his mouth
were to tell her that he loved her.
Thank each and everyone of you for your
prayers and support through this ordeal. He knew you were there. Harriet
reminded him today that she was very proud of the many lives he had touched
through his work. We’ve all felt the love that you’ve been sending my
brother/cousin. Please keep it coming as our Harriet could use the
support.
Jason will be posting funeral arrangements.

My sincerest
thanks.
Peace and Light be with each of you,
WilsonBrother/Cousin4th of
3
To Catalyst: Never, never loose faith. RJ did not. Harriet hasn’t. I
haven’t. Going through what we have, our faith is only strengthened. Besides, if
God didn’t exist, we would have never had Jim. We did. God does. Remember my
Brother/Cousin, my friend, think of him fondly and glorify God’s name.
Editor’s Note:The entire staff of Dragonmount.com would like to extend its
most deepest sympathies to Robert Jordan’s family. He touched all of our lives
in some way and we wish him the rest and peace he deserves. We will be posting
information in the near future about where you can send condolences. Please
check the News
Section
for these updates.







Linked here: http://www.dragonmount.com.nyud.net:8090/RobertJordan/?p=90

You can learn a bit more about Robert Jordan and his life here Courtesy of Wikipedia-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_jordan

No comments: