Recent Silverware

Recent Silverware
Carling Cup 2008

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My opinion on the Circus across the pond

Courtesy of myself-

I think this is unjustified crap. The board should not jump the gun
after 2 effing games. THFC needs stability and Martin Jol is the manager
to give it. I would understand if this was happening next summer and THFC
did not qualify for Champions League or win any cups this season. Too bad
it isn't, it is still August and this Circus started after two bad
results. The first result was unlucky in losing on virtually the last kick
of the game. The second result was really bad b/c the squad was manhandled
by Everton.
I am okay with the club privately talking to Martin Jol and telling him to
increase the effort and results. I am not okay with them interviewing a
replacement and "offering" his job away. Ramos is a good manager/coach but
Martin Jol has led the club to two straight 5th place finishs, European
competition, and great cup runs last year (two QF and one Semifinal).
These factors "should" have earned Jol some leniency with the board to not
over-react to a bad start with an injury plagued team.

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!

No comments: