Recent Silverware

Recent Silverware
Carling Cup 2008

Monday, October 1, 2007

"Hard Work Key for Berba"

Courtesy of Official Site-

Dimitar Berbatov believes continued hard graft on the training ground will
lead to an increase in his goals tally after being slow off the mark in the
scoring charts.
The Bulgarian, who netted 23 goals in his debut season in
English football, has scored just one goal so far this term and revealed that,
in goalscoring terms, he is not happy with his form. "Not at the moment," said
the striker. "It is frustrating when you cannot score but as long as the other
boys do, that is the important thing," he continued, adding that the fact that
defenders know him better now could be a factor, but not one that can't quickly
be overcome. "Maybe that is it, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't still score
and I am working hard to improve myself. Last season was really good for me and
nobody knew how I played, whereas now everybody knows how I play and it is more
difficult for me. "I'll just keep working harder, keep pushing and pushing to
get back among the goals. We stay after training to do extra shooting and the
gaffer is working with us. "If the team is winning though, it is good for me as
well. You play your game through in your head and think over what you must do
better "When you lose games it is always depressing, but you must keep your head
up and continue to work hard until your next game comes along. Monday will be a
difficult game, a special game, and we will be right for it."

Linked here: http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/hardworkkeyforberba.html

No comments: