Recent Silverware

Recent Silverware
Carling Cup 2008

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Rocha out?

Source: Daily Mail

Ricardo Rocha has left Spurs reeling by admitting he needs ankle surgery
which will sideline him for a month.The Portuguese defender was on the bench for
Monday's remarkable 4-4 draw with Aston Villa at White Hart Lane but has been
playing and training through the pain barrier.Rocha, who joined Spurs from
Benfica in January for a £3.8m fee, said: "I've got a problem with my right
ankle, which has been aggravated by the kicks I've taken over the past six
months."The pain is non-stop. It limits my movement a lot, and I've spoken with
Tottenham's management about it. I will have an operation, and expect to be out
for four to six weeks. But Spurs were surprised when I told them I'd been in
pain, as I had been training normally."Spurs are already without Ledley King and
Rocha's absence means Anthony Gardner is the only natural central defender to
turn to if Michael Dawson or Younes Kaboul are unavailable.

No link here.

No comments: