Recent Silverware

Recent Silverware
Carling Cup 2008

Monday, October 1, 2007

"Jol's Pride"

Courtesy of the Official Site-

Martin Jol reflected on our incredible comeback against Villa on a 125
night to remember at the Lane and declared: "We'll never throw the towel
in."
After a fantastic parade of legends to the sight of 36,000-plus fans
waving commemorative flags, it looked like the evening was going to fall flat as
Villa surged into a 3-1 lead at the break and then 4-1 ahead just before the
hour.
But the lads collectively found something as Pascal Chimbonda made it
4-2 after 69 minutes, Robbie Keane slotted home a penalty after 82 and then
Younes Kaboul lashed into the top corner in injury time to send players,
management and fans delirious.
"It was all about giving the supporters a
celebration and we spoiled that by conceding similar goals to what weve conceded
before and that felt awful," reflected Martin at the Lane.
"In the second
half we said we had to play for the shirt and do everything possible, to give
everything and I think the players did that. Having said that, at 4-1 it felt
horrible, to say the least.
"I tried to keep my head cool and hope for better
and the players have to do it - all I could do was make
substitutions.
"The feeling was one of relief when the fourth goal went
in.
"You could see the flags flying again and I'm happy for the supporters
because there was still a celebration - I don't think they will ever forget
this match."


Linked here: http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/jolspride011007.html

My thoughts: I was going crazy coming home from work in my car listening to the game on Sirius radio. This game made me believe that something special is still in the cards for this season. Come On You Spurs!!!

No comments: